Monday, October 13, 2008

We are HOME

Well as I am typing those words, I realize how lucky we are to have a home. I have had many defining moments in my life, meeting my husband, the birth of my boys, and finding my daughters. I find myself often taking these things for granted. I have a wonderful life and have been blessed many times in my life.
While we were in PingLiang we were blessed with the chance to see where our Sarah and our friend Michelle's Zoe was from. I learned a few things that I didn't know about Sarah, for instance they said she spend a few weeks in the hospital b/c she was very sick when they found her. They also said she would knock the other kids out of her way with her walker when it was lunch time! Boy did that sound like my little sweet girl. They also laughed at how she would stuff the food in her mouth at lunch time....well she continues to do that!;-)
We were also fortunate to meet a young girl. We asked Mrs. Yang how many school age children were at the SWI, she stated only a few who were able to go to school. This young girl has a sister who attends a blind school. The way they talked this young girl will probably spend her entire life at the SWI. When she is of age she will probably work there. I we were all in love with her. We were given permission to take her to the banquet dinner that night. After dinner we took her shopping and got her a new winter coat, backpack, shoes, shirts, an outfit, some barbie dolls. Michelle also got all of the children she rooms with dolls as well. We also had her pick out a coat and backpack for her big sister. Mae was just beaming with excitement. She told her guide it was the best day of her life.
Seeing her excitement made it one of the best days of my life as well. She said she would like to be adopted and come to the States. All of us would adopt her in a heartbeat. She had the sweetest smile and the saddest eyes. I don't think I will ever be able to forget her or stop wanting to bring her home.
We later learned that her room mates are all mentally challenged. I pray that God will lead us in the direction that is right for her.
Every child deserves the right to be happy and have the security of a family. If I could adopt them all I would, but that is impossible. May God hold each of those children tightly in his arms and feel God's love.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for the very touching blog.I so wish we could adopt every child also! What a wonderful little girl you meet and what angels you were for her. She too will never forget you. You have touched all our hearts.

Teri Prichard

dianal said...

Teri...thank you. But I must say these children have touched and changed my life forever. It was truly a journey of the heart.