Wednesday, October 8, 2008

While it is working lets see how it goes






Some photos of the SWI. They do an amazing job. They are a wonderful group of people. We are really enjoying our stay at Pingliang city. The people are very open and friendly. I am glad we are able to stay for a few nights. The new orphanage construction started on September 15th. they hope to have it completed in Oct. 2009. the last photo is of the supplies that we have halled all over China that we brought from the USA. I want to give a huge THANK YOU to Saint Joe Reg. Med CTR in Plymouth Indiana who graciously gave medical supplies.

7 comments:

Pam said...

Hi all, I'm a friend of Michelle's. Are the babies/toddlers going to be adopted internationally? I'm so glad you are there helping out. Michelle is holding a cutie! I'm sure it will be hard to leave them behind.

Unknown said...

We are so very glad to see pictures of Pingliang. Our hearts never forget where Andy came from and pray for all the cuties there that they may find homes! Thank you for sharing your time and talent.

Teri

Sharon said...

So glad to see an update from you!
Love to Hudson's Pingliang Family..they will forever be in our hearts!

Michele and Dan said...

Hey from another Pingliang mom! We adopted Liang Wan Jin in 2006 and are going back for her friend, Xiao Yong. We are hoping to get TA in about a month. My husband plans on visiting the orphanage, if possible. Could you try to find out (after that huge pile of goodies that you brought) if there are any other specific needs that they have?
Thanks for what you are doing!
Michele B.

Mac said...

Hey Di!
It's nice to see you posting again, and I love all of the pics. The little one that you are holding reminds me of Sarah for some reason. I know you are wanting to bring all of the babies home with you:) Your 2004 travel group is following you and we're very proud of you:)
Take Care and keep posting!

Jon and Debbie said...

That is my girl you are holding!!!
Thank you for all the love you gave her for us!!!
Once again, you are an angel, Diana.

dianal said...

Sorry for the delay in answering your questions and comments.
1. We hope they will all be adopted internationally, but we know it won't happen.
2. we let all the aiy's know how well all of the children have done since being home, and also how very much each of them are loved!
3. Do you have a photo of Xiao Yong...that name sounds very familure...I may have a picture or information about them. I may send some supplies with you if you think you will have room in your luggage.
Thanks to all who have been following...we plan on keeping the blog going!

Hugs to all
Diana